How to Place An Order
- Call us at (802) 425-2811
- Use our online form – we will call you back to confirm your order and collect payment over the phone
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the nursery to explore plant selection outside – call us with your choices
How to Get Plants & Materials
We are now delivering bulk materials like compost, topsoil, and mulch so you can get outside and start to garden. You can also visit with your own truck or trailer to be loaded up with materials. Call us at (802) 425-2811, or use our online form to start your order.
We have materials like stone dust, drainage stone, and bluestone available for spring projects like firepits, walkways, and patios. You are welcome to stop by the nursery to make sure our stone options match what you envision before scheduling delivery.
Plants will be available beginning April 15.
Explore the Nursery
- You are welcome to explore the open-air nursery grounds and plants. Enjoy signs of spring and an array of plant selection.
Curbside Plant Pickup
- Feed your garden with some plant takeout! Place your order using one of the methods above. We will confirm your pick up timeframe over the phone and your order will be ready at the nursery.
- Plant deliveries are specially priced at 50% off our regular delivery rates. Standard delivery rates apply to trips with bulk materials or larger items (see below). Longer distances will be quoted with your order.
Bulk Delivery / Larger Items
- 0-10 miles away – $44 ($22/plant delivery)
- 11-20 miles away – $56 ($28/plant delivery)
- 21-30 miles away – $68 ($34/plant delivery)
- 31-40 miles away – $80 ($40/plant delivery)
- 41-50 miles away – $92 ($46/plant delivery)
Pricing & Availability
- Use our online catalog to learn about all the plants we grow. All sizes and prices are listed.
Garden Center Products
- Coming soon
- Pine Bark Mulch – $48/cubic yard – (no dyes, darker brown)
- Hemlock Bark Mulch – $64/cubic yard – (no dyes, lighter in color)
- Topsoil – $49/cubic yard (screened, natural)
- Compost – $73/cubic yard (natural, sourced in Charlotte)
- Woodchips – $20/cubic yard
- Ask us about stone options in bulk
Bulk Materials – How much should you order? Use the chart below
Yes, we install trees, shrubs and perennials. We charge half the cost of what is being planted (ie: a $100 tree costs $50 to plant). If an item was purchased on sale, the installation price is still half of the regular, non-sale price. Please account for delivery costs when having plants installed by Horsford’s, including if the plants are already on-site. Customers must inform nursery staff of ledge, stumps, or other obstacles at planting sites.
We call DigSafe before a shovel hits the ground to mark public utilities such as Vermont Gas, telecommunications, and public electric. Customers are responsible for contacting any private utilities such as propane, septic, invisible fence, or private electric, as these are not considered public utilities that are marked by DigSafe. For each plant the installation cost includes: digging the hole, mulching, and fertilizing and staking if necessary. A professional Horsford team member does all the heavy lifting, and we’re happy to offer post-planting care instructions.
Looking to have a larger number of plants installed? Consider contacting Distinctive Landscaping, the design|build landscape architecture firm based at Horsford’s, for larger installations.